The next project...

 After considerable thought and reflection, I have decided on the direction and nature of my next writing project. I have completed two novels now, which have both been rewarding and fulfilling endeavors. The first, took about a year to complete. It was a work of fiction, but based on some possible, precarious events that might take place in the life of an engineer working on projects in various countries around the world. The second novel was a work of historical fiction rooted in family connections. I'm beyond pleased with both works. 

I'm a writer at heart, storytelling is my passion. I'll continue to write for as long as I am able. But after much contemplation, at seventy-two I've decided that based on the twists and turns and the places the path my life has taken me to, my next writing project should be a memoir. 

As fate would have it, some of the places my career has taken me have included some very close brushes with history. How does a very ordinary, unremarkable engineer collide with profound geopolitical events that shape history for decades to come? I don't know the answer to that, but I can tell the story as it happened. This won't be an autobiography, but a story of events and memories and how they changed me and affected the trajectory of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The next project...

  After considerable thought and reflection, I have decided on the direction and nature of my next writing project. I have completed two nov...